In this fast changing and modern world, time is very much in demand. Busy streets in the large cities all over the globe often lack readily available rides to travel with, which is a dilemma for people who are in a sense of urgency. This is why Uber drivers are in demand. Uber is in search for drivers for its ridesharing service. Becoming an Uber driver is an easy process.
Now, if you are ready to earn extra cash, all you need to do is become an uber driver. You may be wondering how to sign up and what the requirements are. Below is a clear and detailed list of the Uber driver application process.
STEP 1: Apply online on Uber’s website
Once you reach the sign up page, you will fill out your basic personal details and consent to a background check. You also need to fill out your vehicle information which includes pictures in the front, rear and interior of your car. In additions, you need to upload needed documents such as driver’s license, car registration, and insurance card.
For a limited time, Uber offers up to a $200 signup bonus when you are referred by another driver. Click here to take advantage of this offer and begin your Uber driving application.
After the steps above, Uber will start a background check on you.
When your submitted documents are accepted, you will be informed through an email about the further steps of the process of being an Uber driver.
STEP 2 – Submit your car for inspection.
If you passed the first step, you will need to undergo a car inspection on any of Uber’s car inspection stations. No worries because you’ll get your car inspected for free.
You can even avail of a bonus upon the completion of the car inspection at one of their inspection stations.
You can also accomplish your car inspection by a third party. All you have to do is submit a vehicle inspection form to ensure that your car works perfectly for the service.
Step 3 : Pass the Uber’s background check.
When you completed steps 1 and 2, you will wait for the result of your background check. Usually, it takes 3 to 7 days to complete the background checking process.
Here are the things which Uber will check on you for the past seven years.
- Criminal history
- Reckless driving history
- Fatal accidents
- Driving without insurance or license
- Drug-related offenses
After this, you will be expecting a kit in your mail. The kit’s contents are as follows: Uber sticker (for windshield display), manual, and an aux cord for your car.
You’ll expect an e-mail of notification from Uber that you are activated. If you don’t receive it within a few days, contact your local Uber support team or follow these instructions:
- Log in to the Uber partner app on Android or iPhone and sign in.
- Click on the “Go Online” button seen at the top of the screen.
- After this, two possible things will happen.
- You will receive a notification that you are not approved to drive yet. If this happens, make sure you completed all of the steps above. Re-check your e-mail if Uber asks for anything like uploading needed documents, etc. If you’re sure you completed everything, maybe you had an issue with the background check. You should contact your local Uber support team for the status of your application.
- After clicking the “Go Online Button”, a map appears where you can start accepting ride requests. This indicates that you are approved and can start driving.
As you can see, becoming an Uber driver is a quick and easy process. If you’re ready to start driving, click here to get up to a $200 signup bonus for becoming an Uber driver.